Immersion Camps in Canada

Attend a camp in Canada and return home with a higher level of English, a better level of performance, and a new way of looking at life.
English Immersion Camps

About Our Camps

Our camps are organized in association with partner universities or other Canadian educational institutions.  They are available for students and professionals of all ages, from high school students (14+ years old) to adults. 
Groups are formed based on the age, English skill level and interest of the participants. Camps are run during the summer months in Canada (July – August) or the winter months (January – March).
The main objective of all of our camps is to improve the level of English of the participant. English studies are put in context with the profession or career of study for university students and professionals, with visits or internships in institutions related to the career or profession.

Types of Camps

We offer different types of camps that include accommodations with Canadian families (homestay), public transportation, meals, English classes, and medical insurance.  Below are some examples of the camps offered in association with Trent University in Ontario, Canada.
English Immersion Camps for High School Students

English and Cultural Camp for High School Students

(14 - 18 years of age)

3 weeks from 3,995 USD*

Health Camp

English Camp for Health Care Professionals


4 weeks from 4,995 USD*

Professional Development Camp for Teachers

Professional Development for Language Instructors


4 weeks from 4,995 USD*

English Immersion Environmental Camp

English Camp for Environmental Sciences Professionals


3 weeks from 4,395 USD*

English for Business Immersion Camp

English Camp for Business Professionals


4 weeks from 4,995 USD*

English Immersion Camp for Information Technology Professionals

English Camp for Information Technology Professionals


4 weeks from 4,995 USD*

* Subject to change based on currency fluctuations between USD and CAD. Does not include airfare.


"We spoke English everywhere: at the bus station, in restaurants, at home and at the university"
Valeria R. (15 years old)
Student, Grade 10
“What I liked the most about this camp was learning English with content related to medicine. I really enjoyed what our teacher taught us, especially in writing in an academic style. I am happy that when I return to Mexico I will be able to use this new knowledge in my projects. "
Participant from Mexico (Adult)
Health Care Professional
"Being in another country, I have learned to take care of my things, to arrive early to class and to better manage my money"
Mariana V. (15 years old)
Student, Grade 10

What to expect

This is a sample of what you can expect when you attend one of our camps:
  1. Minimum of 3 hours of English classes every day of the week (Monday to Friday) with accredited teachers.
  2. Cultural, sports or professional activities (visits to businesses, hospitals, etc.) in the afternoons.
  3. The use of a Canadian curriculum that combines language and cultural studies.
  4. Groups of the same age and level of English.
  5. A certificate from Trent University.
  6. Living with Canadian families or on campus at an additional cost.
  7. Meals and public transportation.
  8. Excursions to tourist places (for some programs).
Trent University is accredited by Languages Canada, which ensures a high-quality English program. If you consider studying at a Canadian University in the future, Trent University offers many full or partial international scholarships, and the tuition is affordable. Trent University is ranked # 1 in the province of Ontario and # 3 in all of Canada for undergraduate studies according to Maclean’s magazine in its 2019 ranking of universities. Classes and activities will take place mainly on the Symons Campus in Peterborough, Ontario, a 90-minute drive from Toronto.
English for Health Care Ssample Schedule

Video of our last camp


The camp price includes accommodations with Canadian families (homestay), public transportation, meals, English classes, and medical insurance.  It does not include airfare, though you can speak with a Canaway Academy representative to provide a full quote that includes it.  Tourist excursions are included in some camp packages but not all.

A public transportation pass is included with the package, which allows you to take the bus from your homestay to the English learning institution (typically the university or college) or anywhere in the city. The transfers between the airport and the institution and vice-versa are also included in the package.

Our camps are run by our partner institutions close to two of Canada’s largest cities: Toronto (July – August, summer of Canada) and Vancouver (January – March, winter of Canada).

The shortest camp is of two weeks in duration (not recommended given the airfare expense). The most common duration is of either 3 or 4 weeks.  Camps can be extended to last a few months if desired.

Yes. This will depend on the type of camp.  For the High School camp, the minimum age is 14. Some other camps require you to be an adult (18+).

To have plenty of time to apply for a Canadian visa and find a good airfare rate, it is advisable to register and pay the fees at least 6 months before the trip dates.

We will provide guidance and help with the required documentation as much as possible, but the visa application is personal.

Yes. The partner language institution will provide a certificate at the end of the program.

The partner language institution will offer an English assessment exam to determine the level of your English skills and assign you to a class for your level during the camp.

Medical insurance is included in the package; it is provided through the partner institution. For example, when Trent University organizes the camp, each participant becomes a Trent University student temporarily, and as a student, medical insurance is included. The coverage would be similar to what a Canadian citizen would get from the Canadian government; that is, it will cover all medical emergencies, but nothing that would be considered cosmetic. 

Depending on the time of the year, this may or may not be possible. For example, the Canadian summer months are hectic and popular with students, and homestays run out fast. Therefore, the homestay institution will select a homestay for you based on the profile that you provide.

The custodian (person or institution officially responsible for your child while in Canada) is typically the homestay institution. The homestay institution works closely with the university/language institution to find appropriate hosts for the students. Besides, a representative from the homestay institution is the one who signs the custodianship papers required for the visa application.